Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Molly Maid

I cleaned the house a bit today, although you'd never know it to look at it.  I feel a bit like Hansel & Gretel dropping bread crumbs only to have little birds picking them up behind them, leaving Hansel & Gretel lost in the woods.  Only in my house I'm the birds cleaning up and Hansel & Gretel are my kids and everything is in reverse, leaving me to feel at a loss.  I've always imagined that if I had a house big enough, where there was a place for everything, then I could finally get the house clean.  But reality has hit me and I know it doesn't matter if it has a place the kids are going to take it out.  Take the shoe rack, shoes were starting to get out of control at the front door, (well of course, hello? girls love shoes) solution; a shoe rack, right?  It works great when the shoes get put into it, by me of course.  So today I'm tiding the floor and vacuuming, which has to be done frequently now that baby is really moving around.  When I get to the front door I put all the shoes away and vacuum.  Not even 1/2 hour later look over to see a pile of shoes on the floor. WTH? nobody has gone outside?  I ask my 6 year old why she pulled all of her shoes out?  Only to find out it was her sister.
"Why did you pull all of your sister's shoes out?" I ask 
"Cause"
"Because why?"
"Cause I wanted to."
"Why did you want to?"
"Cause I wanted to try them on."
Sigh, so simple, hard to argue with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment