Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Bye-bye Summer

Fall is probably my favorite season.  The trees are beautiful.  The days are cooler but still bright and sunny (usually).  About the only thing I don't like about this time of year, when the days get a little cooler, but they look warm and inviting, is that I am constantly saying...
"You can't wear that it's not summer anymore."
"No, it's too cold today to wear that."
"You need to wear socks and shoes and don't forget your sweater."
"Didn't I have that top put up and away already?"
Ugh, my girls love their summer clothes.  Sometimes I feel like I'm wrestling my 6 year old's tank tops and summer dresses from her hands (sometimes I physically am).  Reminds me of those women who race around those big wedding dress discount sales and attack each other to get the one they want.  I try and put the clothes away, tuck them in the back of the closet or place them on the high shelf in the closet.  But my sneaky fashion diva manages to find them and will sweetly imply that she found it in her drawer.  I've bought them a few new outfits for fall, which they love but certainly not the first thing they look for ("Mommy, where's my purple dress?")
But I agree, no outfit is more exciting for a young girl than that frilly summer dress that twirls just right.

No comments:

Post a Comment